A collaboration with Lead Poet Lisa Matthews, the design aims to make poetry accessible without dumbing it down. We decided on a story-based approach to captivate visitors, with photographer Phyllis Christopher commissioned to produce a set of stunning visuals to accompany three "library stories" viewed as full-screen images and step-by-step content hyperlinked to break-out content.
- Responsive design website, powered by Wordpress CMS
- Library information, catalogue search and what's on "up front"
- Custom-built news and events system, devised for easy maintenance
- Custom platform to enable the creation of a growing database of poems, poets and poetry primers that may be added to the site, supporting single page-poems, poetical sequences, audio and video formats.
- Mailing list sign-up and dedicated campaign
- Social media Twitter campaign, feed to and from website